Friday 12 April 2013

My Brand New Filofax, spoken from a newly obsessed filofanatic

Hello all,

I am bursting with pure excitement as I just received my first ever filofax! Thats right I'm no longer a filofax virgin. After I spent lengthly hours researching the best bargain that ships to Australia, I popped my cherry with a Raspberry Personal Metropol Filofax.
Why that type?.. Well for the tldr explanation on what I chose to purchase, I suddenly became aware of Filofaxes from High School Experiences Youtube channel; and particularly this video which showed a Filofax.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Elf7wIwpz30

Purchase cost   $35.37 from Fish Pond -   www.fishpond.com.au (on sale)

I was attracted to the colour as it looked bright and pretty, and the Metropol seemed liked a good starter as it was cheap (ish) and had a clasp button which I believe is more study than the dominos. I read on Philofaxy (philofaxy.blogspot.com.au/) that the Dominos elastic band holder loosens with age.

I took some basic photos as I unwrapped it.
As you can see from the photos it is so cute and functional :) It is way better in person that on the website. Its almost a fashion accessory, like a clutch to show in public.
I like the webbed rear pocket, which will be handy for storing post-its and stickers. Im not sure if I will put cards in the card holders yet.
Stay tuned for my next blog which will be how I chose to decorate it. Having briefly skimmed through the provided pages I know i will alter the setup to suit me and eliminate any pages I deem unnecessary.
Comment for questions regarding stocklists or whatever.

Thanks for reading :)
-Vee






5 comments:

  1. my first was a raspberry metropol too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soo pretty!! I can't wait to see it all set up! I just got my first FF about 2 weeks ago. I got a personal raspberry Finsbury. I was looking for the raspberry Metropol but I had a hard time finding it in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great minds think alike - Guess what my first ever Filofax was! Same size, same colour, same model! And for the same reasons, too! And I am also relatively new to the Filofax world. I since switched to a raspberry Personal Chameleon and I'm in love with that one!

    Happy planning to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) Thank you, Metropol is such a great choice. The finsbury is even better Janis, I love the look of it.
    This model would of cost me $80 if I bought it in store.

    ReplyDelete